Visiting the Niels Bohr Library & Archives
1. Schedule an appointment with the Library using the link on the sidebar or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment outside our typical hours.
2. Before your in-person appointment, please fill out our researcher registration form
3. If known, fill out item request form before visit. Limit to up to 3 collections before visit.
Book a Research Appointment
Schedule a visit to our reading room *appointments are 5 hours long.
Tuesday and Thursday 10am - 3pm, by appointment only
Appointments must be made at least 7 days in advance. They are in 5 hour shifts, please indicate planned arrival and departure times if they differ from our standard hours of 10am-3pm
If you are more than half an hour later than your stated arrival time, reference staff reserve the right to move or cancel your appointment. Please let us know if you will be more than half an hour late at email@example.com or (301) 209-3177
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to schedule an appointment outside our appointment availabilities or typical hours.
Updated Reading Room Policies
Mask are encourage but not required. We can provide a mask if you don't have one.
No eating or drinking within the reading room, though you can bring food and drink and consume it in the building's cafeteria on the ground floor. Note: there are no options for purchasing food in the building, but there are tables, chairs, microwaves, water and ice, and coffee/tea, as well as outdoor seating. Please plan accordingly.
We will be following the following pull schedule:
Request items before or during a visit through the item request form (before a visit please limit to 3 collections maximum, more collections can be requested on-site)
- Items that can be taken to researcher desks include (may be stored at reference desk):
- Laptops, cameras, tablets, phones, etc.
- Items that CANNOT be taken:
- Drinks (even closed water bottles)